GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 21, 2004
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse September 21, 2004. Meeting was called to order at 5:45 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Richard Bryant, Diane Oldham, Rebecca McMichael, Jack Sullivan, Jan Hunt, Shirley Fung-a-Fat, Don Hopes, Kurt and Vivian Shook..
Richard moved to approve the August 2004 Minutes. Jack seconded and the motion was approved.
Don moved to approve the Treasurer's Report. Jack seconded and the motion was approved.
Kurt provided an update on Easy Bridge. An additional Easy Bridge time slot was opened when 127 people signed up.
1. 2005 Regional
Tap program information has not been received from ACBL. The Director's Continuing Education course will be offered at no cost to our Unit. There is a minimum of ten people and it is suggested charging $25.00 to Directors not in our Unit. A room with an overhead projector will be needed for two days. It was suggested the course will be offered on Friday and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. This should be published on our Web site.
2. Richard and his son Michael have worked on clearing the back area. Jim Haupt has been working on the front parking area.
3. The St. Paul's Insurance policy for Director's and Board members was reviewed by Red Hailey. The policy wouldn't cover one Board member suing another Board member. The cost is $400 annually. Don moved to purchase the policy. Rebecca seconded and the motion was approved.
4. Rebecca will solicit volunteers to do some inside painting of the clubhouse.
5. Nominating Committee: Hancock County Don Brister
Harrison County Rose Datlof
Jackson County Pat Bannister
6. Smoking room discussion delayed until October meeting.
1. Richard is mailing letters to casinos soliciting proposals for upcoming Regionals.
2. Rebecca requested sign up boards for the back playing area. Don will ask Lynne to make them.
3. Partnership Chairman for the Regional will be compensated by a room at the hotel.
4. Lynne is working on mock ups for the Daily Bulletin at the Regional. Michael White will again publish the bulletin on a daily basis at the Regional.
Meeting adjourned at 6:30