GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF AUGUST 10, 2004
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse August 10, 2004 at 5:30 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Lynne Logan, Richard Bryant, Diane Oldham, Elaine Norcross, Rebecca McMichael, Jack Sullivan, Jan Hunt, Patsy Bell and Shirley Fung-a-Fat.
Jack moved to approved the July 13, 2004 Minutes. Patsy seconded and the motion was approved.
Richard moved to approve the Treasurer's Report. Elaine seconded and the motion was approved.
1. 2005 Regional
Rebecca suggested offering the TAP program in January. Walter will contact the ACBL regarding costs.
Lynne suggested planning hospitality for Tuesday night of the tournament. The hotel has inferred we could bring in snacks by planning another function. Jack wants something in writing stating we are allowed to bring in snacks.
Jack moved to approve the budget as amended and seconded by Elaine. Motion passed.
The I/N meal will be reimbursed up to $1500 by the District.
At the District 10 meeting, Bill Cook (President) stated there should be registration gifts at the regional.
2. Report from the Committee investigating improvements in the smoking area will be presented at the September Board meeting. Pat Bannister will chair the committee.
1 Nominating Committee will have a member from each county. Suggested members to serve on the committee were given to Walter who will contact them.
2. 2006 Regional - Other hotels will be contacted regarding rates. Nashville paid for the playing area and was given good room rates. Other hotels to be considered are Isle of Capri and the New Palace. The Grand's room rate of $85 is too high.
3. Bob Olsen is running Wayne's lesson game on Tuesdays.
4. Jim Haupt will do weed eating around the parking lot. Walter will call the Majestic Inn for permission to spray roundup to kill the weeds.
5. The interior of the clubhouse needs to be repainted and to help defray costs, we will ask for volunteers, Members should not put things on the walls but use the bulletin boards. The finish has been pulled from the wall in the smoking area where something was taped up for the 199'er tournament.
6. Lynne will replace the sign up boards.
7. Several Board members are investigating Directors Liability Insurance. ACBL recommends having the insurance. The premium would be approximately $400/ year.
8. Times for Board meetings have been changed to 5:30 p.m.
9. Unit level North American Pairs will be October 17. Celebration Sunday will be
10. Book seller for the Regional will be Anne Reece of Atlanta.
Meeting adjourned at 7:15 p.m.