GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF JANUARY 13, 2004
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse January 13, 2004 at 5:15 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Richard Bryant, Lynne Logan, Diane Oldham, Jane Moore-Baker, Polly Bridges, Jack Sullivan, Jan Hunt, Jim Crowe, Elaine Norcross, Don Hopes and Shirley-Fung-a-Fat.
Jan introduced Delores Sambuchi, daytime Regional caddy coordinator.
The Treasurers Report was approved by a motion from Jan and a second by Elaine.
Minutes of the December 2, 2003 were approved by a motion from Jack with a second by Polly.
1. All Around Cleaning renewal contract for 2004 presented by Diane.
A change in payment of invoices was discussed. Payments have been late by as much as ten (10) days. The Board disagrees with paying in advance. Contractor shall submit invoice by mail to the Treasurer after the last Thursday of the month. Invoice wil be paid within seben (7) days of receipt.
We have an obligation to pay all invoices in a timely fashion.
Don moved to approve the cleaning agreement with payment in arrears. Polly seconded and the motion was approved.
2. Jack presented the 2004 Jane working on Sanctions for
1. The 2004 199'er Tournament will be chaired by Frank Battaile. The tournament will be held the first weekend in March. The Comfort Inn will be the host hotel. Diane was able to negotiate good rates for the tournament.
Jane moved to increase the playing fee per session to $9.00 for all Sectionals. The rate for a non ACBL member would be $9.50. Richard seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
Richard moved to increase the Swiss Team fee to $90.00 with a second by Jack. The motion was approved.
2. The budget for the March 199'er tournament was presented by Shirley. Jack moved to approve the budget with a second by Jan. Motion was approved.
3. Jack moved to present a name change for the Regional to District 10. Jane seconded and the motion was approved.
4. Jane will apply for the December Sanctions for the StaC games.
5. Lynne announced that the Wednesday morning game will probably close due to low attendance.
6. Diane moved to increase the playing fee for the Christmas party to $6.00. Polly seconded and the motion was approved.
7. The Unit continues to see a downward trend in revenues with an increase in expenses. Lynne will present a Profit/Loss shortfall for the year at a Special Board meeting to be held December 2nd.
Meeting adjourned at 6:35 p.m.