GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 9, 2004
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse November 9, 2004. Meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Richard Bryant, Diane Oldham, Lynne Logan, Jack Sullivan, Jan Hunt, Elaine Norcross, Patsy Bell, Jane Moore Baker, Jim Crowe and guest - Dyann Lentz.
Walter congratulated Elaine and Don Hopes on their win at the Baton Rouge 299'er tournament.
Minutes were read by Diane. Lynne commented that she did not state at the October meeting that Dyann Lentz was a commercial appraiser even though other Board members remember her making that statement.
Jim moved to approve the October 2004 Minutes. Jack seconded and the motion was approved.
Lynne presented the Treasurer's Report. The Moss Point tournament proceeds were lower this year due to Hurricane Ivan. Jack asked Lynne to show the Jackson County players donation as income. For several years these players have donated all the prize money during the year to the tournament. Jack moved to approve the Treasurer's Report. Elaine seconded and the motion was approved.
Walter introduced Dyann Lentz to the Board. Handouts were distributed on current property values, competitive market analysis and a copy of our property plat from the tax books. She stated $800,000 would be an excellent price for the property.
Walter reminded everyone there is no offer on the table; only a developer inquiring if the property could be purchased. When the developer visited the Board meeting several months ago he was told the entire membership would have to vote on the possibility of selling. The earliest time it could be presented to the membership would be at the Annual Meeting in December.
Dyann urged the Board to be certain if we do sell that we receive enough money to replace the building and purchase land.
Richard moved to present to the general membership at the annual meeting a request for approval to investigate the sale and relocation of the Bridge Club. Lynne seconded and motion was unanimously approved.
1. Lessons will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between the afternoon and evening sessions.
2. Polly is the Hospitality Chairman. Jane is the Partnership Chairman and Elaine will help.
3. One hundred trophies will be ordered for the 199'er group.
4. The Convention Card holder is the registration gift.
1. Information given to Lynne to renew the sanctions for Sunday games.
2. Jane will direct the November Celebration Sunday game. Lynne will direct the December Annual Meeting game.
3. Richard mailed letters to five casinos regarding moving the Regional. Only one responded and they did not have the capability to handle the number of tables the Regional will require.
4. Plans to renegotiate the contract for 2006 Regional at the Grand Bayview.
The preliminary Special Events calendar was presented to the Board for review.
Kurt wants the Easy Bridge group to play in a separate area at the Annual Meeting. The smoking room will be sanitized on December 9th.
Kurt will hold a workshop on Friday November 19th from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Meeting adjourned at 7:00