GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF OCTOBER 12, 2004
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse October 12, 2004. Meeting was called to order at 5:45 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Richard Bryant, Diane Oldham, Lynne Logan, Jack Sullivan, Jan Hunt, Shirley Fung-a-Fat, Elaine Norcross, Patsy Bell and Jim Crowe.
Richard moved to approve the September 2004 Minutes. Patsy seconded and the motion was approved.
Richard moved to approve the Treasurer's Report. Elaine seconded and the motion was approved.
Water and electric bills increased this month. Water is continuously running in the ladies front restroom. Each director should check the restroom before leaving the building. Richard will try to fix the problem tonight.
Lynne stated she had not received the rent check from Rebecca. Rebecca is out of town for two weeks.
Walter introduced Mr. Josh Bengson from Prestige Resort Properties, LLC. Mr. Bengson is a developer and will be forming a group of investors to build a condominium in this area. He was attending the Board meeting to introduce the idea of selling the bridge club property.
The Board felt it imperative to have the property appraised and present to the general membership at the annual meeting for consideration. Another aspect for consideration is the replacement costs (land and building).
Lynne suggested hiring Dyann Lentz for the appraisal. Lynne assured the Board that Dyann was a commercial appraiser.
Jack moved to contact Dyann Lentz to arrange the appraisal. Patsy seconded and the motion was approved.
1. Nominating Committee continues to work on the nominations for the 2005/2006 Board. Nominations are closed after October 31st. The election is scheduled for December 12, 2004.
2. Smoking room cost is prohibitive.
3. Easy Bridge is going well. Lamar is planning a party on November 8th for the Easy Bridge members. We want to encourage them to play in all the games held in our Unit which means being friendly and helpful.
4. Insurance forms for Director's/Board liability are being completed.
5. 199'er flyer is due. Unfortunately the Copa will no longer sponsor a dinner for the tournament attendees.
6. Decision on the trophies for the 199'ers (Regional) will be made at the November Board meeting.
7. A special flyer will be mailed to all 199'ers who attended the 2004 Regional.
1. Bill Cook has been elected to be District 10's representative to the ACBL Board.
2. Smoking room roof leaking again. The repair was guaranteed therefore the contractor will be notified.
3. A special tribute to Doug Goss will be presented at the November Celebration Sunday.
4. Jane Moore Baker and Walter will discuss the calendar for 2005 to be presented at the November Board meeting.
Meeting adjourned at 6:40