GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF AUGUST 12, 2003
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse August 12, 2003 at 5:15 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Diane Oldham, Jan Hunt, Jane Moore-Baker, Lynne Logan, Patsy Bell, Jim Crowe, Rebecca McMichael, Don Hopes, Elaine Norcross, Frank Battaile, Jack Sullivan and Polly Bridges.
Walter Lewis, President, called the meeting to order.
Minutes of the July 8, 2003 were approved as corrected by a motion from Jane with a second by Rebecca.
The Treasurers Report was unanimously approved by a motion from Rebecca and a second by Elaine. A donation of $50.00 has been received for hospitality at the Moss Point Tournament.
Lynne reviewed the telephone bill. The ACBL has invoiced the unit for labels and lists for the 199\'er, Spring and Fall tournaments.
Lynne reported a net income of $350.17 for the 199\'er tournament.
A planning meeting for the Regional is scheduled for August 18th at the Grand Bayview Hotel.
1. Agreement with Rebecca was reviewed, approved and signed.
2. 199\'er Tournament Debriefing - Jack Sullivan
No complaints noted
Attendance a disappointment
New Orleans and Florida did not attend in numbers of past years
Joyce Dozier did outstanding
Should consider raising to 299\'er for next year
Possibility of Daryl Fisher as director - Walter will call Daryl for his
thoughts of changing to 299\'er tournament
Hold the tournament in March
3. Jan moved to cancel the Spring Sectional in 2004. Elaine seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
4. Patsy reported the turnout for the Celebration Sunday games have been low.
The next Sunday game will be held August 17th.
1. Life Master Celebration will be held September 7th honoring Paulette Sherrell and Wayne Kiddy.
2. Slidell Tournament scheduled for August 22 - 24, 2003.
3. Jane will order sanction for the Instant Match Point Game. She will order sanctions for the tournament in March.
Frank moved to adjourn the meeting and Don seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 6:30 p.m.