GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF JULY 8, 2003
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse July 8, 2003 at 5:15 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Richard Bryant, Diane Oldham, Jan Hunt, Jane Moore-Baker, Lynne Logan, Patsy Bell, Jim Crowe, Rebecca McMichael, Don Hopes, Elaine Norcross, Jack Sullivan.
Walter Lewis, President, called the meeting to order.
Minutes of the June 10, 2003 were approved as corrected by a motion from Jack with a second by Patsy.
The Treasurers Report was unanimously approved by a motion from Jim and a second from Jack. ACBL reimbursed our unit $159.02 for membership. The BFI bill of $54.00 has been negotiated back to $45.00.
Lynne gave a report on the District 10 meeting in Jackson she attended.
1. ACBL is trying to change the senior age from 55 to 65.
2. Stac games will not be in the overalls if less than five tables.
3. Atlanta has asked District 10 to participate in the Mid-Atlantic games and they will reciprocate. Monies will go to an education fund.
4. Ed Davis resigned as District 10 President. Bill Cook is new president.
1. Boyce is working on Rebeccas agreement. The minutes do not reflect actually what was discussed during the Board meeting where the initial agreement was set up. Lynne questioned what happens when the games continue losing money. All proprietors will be treated equally. If table costs have to be increased, they will be charged across the board (including unit games).
2. Walter set an Executive Committee meeting for Tuesday, July 15th, at 5:30 p.m. to discuss all points to be covered in the agreement.
1. Lynne moved to allow the President to approve up to $100.00 on purchases. Above the amount the Board will approve. Patsy seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
2. Walter presented a maintenance proposal on air conditioners. Elaine moved to accept the proposal and Jan seconded. The motion was unanimously approved. Maintenance will be performed on the air conditioners four times a year and filters changed every other month.
3. Life Masters party will be held on August 17th.
4. Lynne moved to allow Baton Rouge to borrow our bidding boxes. Patsy seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
5. Daryl Fisher and Jim Willimet are available to direct the fall tournament.
6. A meeting is planned with the Grand to discuss room rates etc. for the Regional. We must make every effort to make the tournament a money maker. Bill Cook will be asked to attend the meeting as a District 10 representative.
7. Lynne will check the electronic event clock and have it repaired prior to the 199\'er tournament.
8. Minutes and the treasurers report will be posted monthly on the club bulletin board.
9. Frank reviewed the monthly In/Out Report received from ACBL.
10. Patsy reviewed the upcoming Special Events.
Jan moved to adjourn the meeting with a second by Richard.