GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF June 10, 2003
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse June 10, 2003 at 5:15 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Richard Bryant, Polly Bridges, Patsy Bell, Rebecca McMichael, Diane Oldham, Lynne Logan, Frank Battaile, Jack Sullivan, Jim Crowe, Jan Hunt, Joyce Dozier, Shirley Fung-a-fat and Denman Bridges.
Walter Lewis, President, called the meeting to order.
Minutes of the May 13, 2003 were approved by a motion from Jack with a second by Richard.
The Treasurers Report was unanimously approved by a motion from Jack and a second from Richard.
1. Joyce, 199er Tournament Chairperson, reported on the upcoming 199er tournament.
All hospitality has been set up. Caddies will be life master volunteers. Personal post cards will be mailed to members and last years attendees. Jack and Rebecca will be directors. Red, white and blue Mardi Gras beads will be given at registration.
Clean up during the tournament needs to be considered. Jack moved to have the cleaning people clean twice during the tournament for an extra fee. Patsy seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
2. Polly moved to allocate $400.00 to Jack for 12 dozen cards and hand records for the 199er tournament. Richard seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
3. The Spring Tournament lost $122.78. This was due to the cost of the Directors and the Willamette cruise.
4. Walter will ask ACBL if Jim Willamette can be assigned as Head Director for the Fall Tournament.
5. Pat Bartman resigned effective June 1st.
6. Polly moved to approve the hiring of All Around Cleaning. Patsy seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
1. Lynne will represent our Unit at the District 10 meeting in Jackson.
Polly moved to reimburse Lynne for the motel room, mileage and per diem. Richard seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
2. Lynne moved to reimburse members only after Board approval. Richard seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
3. Walter presented O.J.s complaint against Diane to the Board. The complaint was handled by the Director (Lamar) and the issue is closed.
4. Frank reviewed the monthly In/Out Report received from ACBL.
5. Patsy reviewed the upcoming Special Events.
Jim moved to adjourn the meeting with a second by Jack.