GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF May 13, 2003
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse May 13, 2003 at 5:30 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Richard Bryant, Patsy Bell, Rebecca McMichael, Diane Oldham, Lynne Logan, Frank Battaile, Jack Sullivan and Jan Hunt.
Walter Lewis, President, called the meeting to order.
Minutes of the April 8, 2003 were approved as corrected by a motion from Jack with a second by Patsy.
The Treasurers Report was unanimously approved by a motion from Patsy and a second from Jan.
Rooms were blocked at the Majestic Inn and Beachwater Inn with letters signed
by both in late December. Neither motel honored their commitment. Walter contacted the Ramada Limited. They will give a good rate when callers identify themselves as attending the tournament.
Lynne moved to award first overalls in all the Stratified Pairs games. (Money returned.) Richard seconded and the motion was approved.
No prizes will be awarded to the Knockout winners. Trophies will be given to IN winners.
1. Diane moved to discard the dry erase board. Lynne seconded and the motion was approved.
2. NAOP finals will be held September 28th. Two sessions will be stratified with gold points awarded.
3. The director of the Tuesday night game will be paid even if there is no game.
4. Discussion regarding the low attendance at the Tuesday night game:
1. Suggestion to cancel until September.
2. Change game time to 6:30 p.m.
3. Possibility of changing Board meeting night.
Lynne moved to change the Tuesday night game time to 6:30 p.m. if agreeable with John Carr, director. Richard seconded and the motion was approved.
Rebecca will e-mail all members announcing the time change.
5. Board meetings will change to 5:15 p.m.
6. A proposal was presented to the Board from All Around Cleaning. Diane moved to hire All Around Cleaning for six months. A six-month contract outlining in detail what is expected and weekly cost will be prepared. Frank seconded.
Motion was tabled until House Committee can discuss with the cleaning contractor if the cost contained in the proposal is $100.00 weekly or $400.00 monthly.
7. The ice maker was purchased in March of 2002. No extended warranty was purchased. Repair cost is $53.45.
8. Special Events
Celebration Sunday will be May 25th.
9. A District 10 meeting is scheduled in Jackson. Our Unit should send a representative.
Rebecca moved to adjourn the meeting and was seconded by Jack.
Meeting adjourned at 7:00 p.m.