GULF COAST BRIDGE ASSOCIATION UNIT 180
MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 11, 2003
The Unit 180 Board met at the clubhouse November 11, 2003 at 5:15 p.m.
Attendees: Walter Lewis, Richard Bryant, Lynne Logan, Diane Oldham, Jane Moore-Baker, Polly Bridges, Patsy Bell, Rebecca McMichael, Jack Sullivan, Jan Hunt, Jim Crowe and Shirley-Fung-a-Fat.
Minutes of the October 14, 2004 were approved as corrected by a motion from Jack with a second by Polly.
The Treasurers Report was unanimously approved by a motion from Jim and a second by Jan.
1. Lynne stated holding the fall Sectional at Pelican Landing should be explored. Distance is too far for some of our members who live in the Western area of our Unit.
Walter will ask Pat LaCerva, Jane Moore-Baker, Joan Hart and Lynne to check into holding a Section in the Waveland, Bay St. Louis and Diamondhead area. Jane feels this would not be feasible due to lace of member participation.
1. The 2004 199\'er Tournament will be chaired by Frank Battaile. The tournament will be held the first weekend in March. The Comfort Inn will be the host hotel. Diane was able to negotiate good rates for the tournament.
Jane moved to increase the playing fee per session to $9.00 for all Sectionals. The rate for a non ACBL member would be $9.50. Richard seconded and the motion was unanimously approved.
Richard moved to increase the Swiss Team fee to $90.00 with a second by Jack.
The motion was approved.
2. The budget for the March 199\'er tournament was presented by Shirley. Jack moved to approve the budget with a second by Jan. Motion was approved.
3. Jack moved to present a name change for the Regional to District 10. Jane seconded and the motion was approved.
4. Jane will apply for the December Sanctions for the StaC games.
5. Lynne announced that the Wednesday morning game will probably close due to low attendance.
6. Diane moved to increase the playing fee for the Christmas party to $6.00. Polly seconded and the motion was approved.
7. The Unit continues to see a downward trend in revenues with an increase in expenses. Lynne will present a Profit/Loss shortfall for the year at a Special Board meeting to be held December 2nd.
Meeting adjourned at 6:35 p.m.